Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Deciding to get new glasses

I've worn glasses for as long as I can remember. I got my first pair at some point in elementary school and they were a revelation! I could finally see! I have a vivid memory of driving home from the eye appointment with my new glasses and being transfixed by all the leaves on the trees. Today, I need glasses (or contacts) in order to really see anything. It's not always easy and I don't love that I need to first put on my glasses before responding to a crying baby in the middle of the night. But I've always embraced the look and have found them to be a fun accessory. But you have to have the right frames...

I've felt it was worth it to not skimp on my glasses. I didn't mind buying expensive glasses because I wear my glasses everyday. And they are on my face! So I was ok paying good money for great lenses and frames. The last time I got new frames I chose a minimalist pair that was dark on top and had a very thin frame around the bottom (picture below). When I got these glasses, I loved them. And I remember walking into my workplace the next day and having a co-worker compliment me on them and I felt great. I had them for a couple years but then one day, suddenly I didn't like them as much. And soon after that I felt a strong need for a change. I had to update my prescription anyway so I had my chance to update my frames. But I didn't have the budget to go to my usual place. I decided to try Lookmatic but was really nervous about not being able to try them on in person! I used the "Virtual Try On" tool and found a pair that I thought looked good and went for it. I was thrilled when they arrived! I love them (picture above)! I recommend Lookmatic to anyone (with glasses) wanting to make a change to their look. I'm now trying to decide if I get a second different pair to have aorund for variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment