Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Caffeine


I really enjoy a good cup of English tea. I have not taken to the taste of coffee. But my mom's British colony background meant tea was a staple in our household. And a strong cup of black tea definitely gives me the caffeine jolt I sometimes need. But, D has been encouraging me to give it up for years.

D has been caffeine-free for about 10 years now.  And he was caffeine-free while he was getting his PhD! It was pretty amazing to watch him work for days without sleep during the hardest parts. He says that being off caffeine actually helped him stay up because he isn't dealing with energy highs and lows.

When I was pregnant I was totally off caffeine and thought I might try to keep it up but having a baby and working full-time has made me pretty tired and I really enjoy the pick-me-up. Right now I'm drinking about a cup of caffeine a day. I actually skip the caffeine in the morning and use it in the middle of the day when I'm dragging a bit. Plus, for me a cup of tea is a familiar taste that does actually remind me of my childhood home.

What's your position on caffeine? How many cups do you have a day?

Photo via.

No comments:

Post a Comment