Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Living in Abundance

As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday I am of course thinking about the things I am thankful for. And I decided today that what I am most thankful for right now is Dolly Parton. Let me explain...

I was lucky enough to see Dolly in concert a few years ago and I found her to be so inspiring. Learning about her life story and how she grew up with so little made me really respect the persona she chooses to convey. She expresses such gratitude. Gratitude for all the things in her life (past and present). It made me think of something my brother-in-law once spoke about: the idea of living in abundance or living in scarcity. If you live in scarcity, you see the things around you that you don't have you focus on those things. If you live in abundance, you see and focus on all the things that you do have!

This really resonated with me. I can get caught up in the day-to-day stresses of life and loose sight of all the wonderful things in my life, my husband and daughter being at the top of that list. So, even though Thanksgiving is a day we reflect on what we are thankful for, I work to be thankful everyday.

Thank you Dolly for helping remind me to live in abundance :)

Photo via.

No comments:

Post a Comment