Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Human error in journalism can be very funny



Journalism must be a very interesting job. I think it must be really challenging. I'm not a writer, and certainly not a journalism but reporting the news is a big responsibility. I assume most journalists are passionate about the truth and telling stories that reveal important things about our world. But, it's also a job. A job with deadlines and pressures and a need to be financially viable. I haven't yet been able to watch the second season of Newsroom but I loved the first because it explored the tension between these opposing elements of journalism.

This article about the best and worst media error and corrections is very intriguing and entertaining. Some are hilarious. Some are disturbing. But all speaks to how prevalent human error is, especially in the areas of our life where we feel pressured to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment