Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Already falling behind


So, I haven't blogged as much as I had wanted. I feel like I am already falling a bit behind. I have an excuse: we were traveling the last week and along with trying to fit everything into the trip I was also trying to keep up with my work day. So I was busy. But I know I will always be busy. Sometimes keeping commitments can be hard.

We were in London for 10 days and it was a wonderful experience that I expect to write more about. The main reason we went was for the Pepper to meet her godparents, dear friends of ours that we were happy to visit with too. But, seeing as I had recently taken a vacation I didn't feel right taking another 10 days off so I got permission from my company to work remotely during the week. I'm very lucky to have a job that i can take anywhere. But it also meant I had to balance being in London with my commitment to work a 40 hour week. I think I managed it pretty well. Most weekdays there I felt both guilty for not having more time to give to our London trip, and guilty for being stighlty distracted at work. But, I wouldn't have given up the trip for anything.

One thing that occurred on the trip that has really stayed with me is seeing my god-father for the first time in about 20 years. He wrote about the experience already on his blog. I'm still processing it a bit. But it was really a special event. Even after all these years I found it so easy to be around him and his family. I guess that is the old familiarity that never goes away. I look forward to growing the relationship now that we are back in touch.

More info about the trip to come!

Photo via.

No comments:

Post a Comment