Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Humans of New York


I discovered this website a few months ago and I am obsessed. Brandon Stanton, the photographer and blogger has really done something special.


To me, his approach just feels very genuine and true to life. The stories and moments he captures are humble, often funny, sometimes sad. It seems to be a real cross-section of life in New York City. And through that microscope there is a lot of insight into humanity and the things that connect us. I can't get enough.

So even though I'm not a coffee table book kind of person, when I found out that Brandon was coming out with his first book I actually pre-ordered it from Amazon. It arrived a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with it. What I'm most excited about is reading it with the Pepper. At almost 8 months she does like looking at it, but I think that just because baby's like faces. What I really look forward to though is when she's a bit older and we can open a page, look at the pictures, read the stories, and then have conversations about the numerous and endless topics that could come up.

I hope Brandon continues his work and I'm also hoping for more HONY books in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment