Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Wes Anderson's latest



This new trailer for Wes Anderson's latest film The Grand Budapest Hotel makes the film look fantastic. I do enjoy Wes Anderson films. He has such a definite style that sometimes I want to rebel against it because I feel his work gets derivative of itself. But, I find if I just give over to it I can really enjoy his movies. I of course loved the Royal Tenenbaums, and was very impressed with the Fantastic Mr. Fox. But his new movie looks like it could be my favorite yet. The cast is amazing, as showcased from the new trailer that put them front and center. Tilda Swinton as the old lady looks genius and I love when Willem Dafoe does comedy. Whatever you think of his films, you have to respect a guy that can encourage actors like Harvey Keitel to get out of their comfort zone. And having just written that I eel I realize what makes me like Wes Anderson's work: I get to see some of my favorite actors explore new and strange environments.

Having a baby does make it hard to go to movies, which is hard especially when there are so many good movies out there right now. But, I can practice patience and wait for them to be in iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment