Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Recipes: Current favorites

This post could also be called "Recipes to use up my CSA delivery". One of the reasons I love our CSA is that it challenges me to get out of my comfort zone. I will get vegetables I wouldn't buy myself if I were at the farmers market (such as fennel or cauliflower) and when certain items are in season and more prevalent, I need to get creative. Here are recent recipes I've made that helped me use up our recent deliveries, and they all came out deliciously! And you can see that two of the recipes are soups. Yes, my soup love continues.

Curried Carrot Soup: For when you get carrots. I've roasted carrots and done Moroccan carrot salads, but this is my families favorite way to enjoy carrots. Plus you can make it spicy (which is key in our household). The Pepper loves it.

Beet, Ginger, and Coconut Milk Soup: For when you get beets. I was really running out of ways to use beets so I was so happy to find this recipe. The coconut milk is a brilliant idea and compliments the beet flavor in a way I would never have guessed. And we love ginger so I increased the ginger to about 3 tablespoons.

Baked Kale Chips: For when you get Kale. Since I had recently made my go-to kale pesto recipe, this was a great alternative. I think everyone should have this recipe in their back-pocket because they come out really yummy. And you can tweak it to your liking. I used some Spanish rosemary salt for example and the bowl of chips was gone by the end of the day.

Image of the Beet soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment